What’s behind that door?
- I just want to take analog photos. Don’t waste my time with scanning, I’ll better have the lab do that for me.
- My goodness. The lab charges me a fortune for low quality scans. I’ll better save the money for a simple scanner and do that at home.
- Meh. The simple scanner does a decent job if you invest just a little bit of time. Some hours maybe. For a single photo. I’ll better get me some more professional gear.
- Oh nice. There is some used professional hardware for sale. It’s still supported and there’s an active community. You need a lot of experience to get it running but I can manage that.
- Interesting. The people in the group are on the very next nerd level when it comes to serious scanning. A lot to be learned from them, just look at the pictures they produce.
- Wow. Some of them even make a business out of scanning films. They have a real passion for quality and they sell it. Great idea, maybe I could do that as well…
- Next thing you know: you start a tiny side-business by yourself. Offering 35mm film (and maybe medium format) scans for a fair price with the superior Noritsu quality.
If you don’t want to go that road – check it out at https://filmscans.ch .
I just started it and it needs a lot of improvement but I think you should give it a try.